Queensland Alumina Ltd (QAL)
Clients
RUSAL’s main products are primary aluminium, aluminium alloys, foil and alumina. The company has access to vast resources of raw materials and provides the entire production cycle. find out more

Sustainable development
In 2009 RUSAL completed a large-scale project to modernise the Krasnoyarsk smelter. The renovation resulted in in its production efficiency increasing considerably and a reduction in its emissions. find out more

Queensland Alumina Ltd (QAL)

The world's largest alumina refinery with access to a deep-water port

  • RUSAL owns 20% of QAL and the other 80% stake belongs to Rio Tinto Alcan
  • The company’s infrastructure includes a wharf and storage facilities on South Trees Island in Gladstone harbour
  • Alumina production began in March 1967

Geography

Queensland, Australia

Products

Alumina

Annual production capacity

4,000,000 tonnes of alumina

Production in 2015

750 000 tonnes of alumina (RUSAL's share)

Production technology

The Bayer process

Certificates

ISO 14001 (environmental management standard)

ISO 9001 (quality management standard)

AS4801 (health and safety standard)

Headcount

1,150

Contacts

Phone: +61 7 4976 2211
Community Hotline: +1 800 181 110
Email: webmaster@qal.com.au