Disclosure of information
Reports and presentations
Approach and policies
Health and labor safety
Protector solutions are one of the most efficient ways to preserve metal structures that are operated in aggressive environments (sea and bottom water, groundwater, stratal water, etc.) against corrosion. RUSAL produces protectors of various types and sizes from aluminium alloys with specified characteristics.
The application of such products is primarily in the shipbuilding sector including underwater parts of vessels and ships, fixed and floating port structures and internal surfaces of premises that are regularly or periodically filled with water. In the oil and gas industry, protectors are used for anti-corrosion protection of main underwater and underground pipelines, the surfaces of oil and gas storage tanks, structures of fixed and floating drilling rigs, and in the municipal sector – underground pipelines and utilities.
RUSAL offers more than 10 types of protectors, which are produced at the Bogoslovsk Aluminium Smelter.
Types of protectors
Shipbuilding. Marine and fishing vessels:
- underwater part steel and aluminum hulls of ships and vessels any classes and purposes;
- inner surface of the premises, permanently or periodically contacted with sea water (tanks, compartments, tanks of ships and vessels);
- underwater part and the inner surface of the stationary and floating structures, including docks, cranes, piers, port structures;
- double bottom of tanks of oil tankers transporting oil;
Oil and Gas Industry:
- mainline underground and underwater pipelines;
- the outer and inner surface of the of reservoirs, oil tanks;
- underwater part of construction of the stationary and floating drilling rigs, platforms.
- underground pipelines and communication of municipal services and industrial enterprises.